Do you find the idea of writing content for your website daunting, impossible, or even just don’t know where to start?
Welcome to our 31st Newsletter – wow the numbers are starting to add up! I take approx. 2 hours a fortnight to write this newsletter. During the 2 weeks prior I stash articles and news I think might be good for the newsletter in an email folder ready for when I sit down to write. This means that I have in the last 15 months created 31 blog posts on my website that all contribute to my SEO and are great for marketing as well. And I can point customers to some of the frequently asked questions answers there as well.
You could adopt the same strategy. I am sure you could write 300-600 words about something you do or know like the back of your hand that you wish your customers knew! Talk to us about how to get your website working harder for you.
SharePoint Changes Coming – New Document Library
SharePoint Document Libraries are changing. The new User Interface includes:
- New Quick Launch menu on the left
- Updated Library Search that shows results almost instantly
- Removed the Ribbon for a simpler and actionable menu
- Added document “Pinning” to always have them at the top of the library
- Easier wording for sharing content with “Get a Link”
- Users can Right-Click to bring the contextual menu up
- Library Views management added in a menu via an ellipsis
- Save your current filtered and displayed columns as a View with the click of a button
- New Details pane shows information like properties, versioning and more
- Quick access to manage the properties of documents without navigating to a different page or form
- Versioning shown as activity
- Alert Me button put into evidence
- Move or Copy files within the library
- A new Grid View
- Create Links to other files or anywhere really and have them available as a “file” in the library
- A new image viewer to quick preview them from within your library
We can help you understand and use these new Sharepoint features, and take advantage of the benefits of using the libraries online in a browser rather than just opening in a synced folder on your desktop. In fact, there are many, many features that are just not available to you on your computer you can access online.
Get more detailed information about the new SharePoint interface.
Talk to us about the Office 365 Features you are not currently using and How you Can Benefit from Them
Do you wish you had your own Digital Producer with over 10 years’ experience to look after your website? Why not borrow ours?
Our expert consultants will review your website, create a high level report and provide prioritised recommended actions to help you create a more effective website.
For only $99* you can find out:
- How to optimise your website as an effective sales tool for your business
- Ways to ensure your brand is reaching the right audience
- If you are getting a return on your marketing investment
CONTACT US NOW ON 0414 770 002 FOR your Site Analysis
*Terms and Conditions Apply – contact us for details
Over and above the SharePoint library changes these recent updates were rolled out:
- A new tool for migrating your Evernote notes to OneNote
- PowerPoint Designer enhancements
- New language support in Office for Mac and Skype Translator, plus collaboration and Power Pivot updates
- For business users, Skype for Business meetings experiences and voice services are being expanded
- Video viewer statistics are rolling out in Office 365 Video
- A new reporting portal in the admin centre is rolling out
- New update options are available for Office 365 ProPlus
- Office 365 Connectors is here
- The redesigned OneNote Class Notebook—designed and built with teachers—is available worldwide
- And for devs, there’s a new site for keeping up with the latest news and resources.
- Enhanced Automatic Replies (out of office). When users set an automatic reply (Out of office) When users set an automatic reply (out of office) message with an end date in Outlook on the web, Outlook can now automatically decline meetings for that period of time as well as decline any future invites that the user receives for a date in which they are away.
- The new admin centre will get improved search, additional user list management functionality and enhancements for the mobile admin app.
- Microsoft is updating the default Office 365 portal experience for users to make it more intuitive and consistent across devices. The new home page simplifies access to your services and recent documents, while making it easier to install applications with 1-click.
- Microsoft is delivering a new sync client for OneDrive for Business that will provide a faster and more reliable sync experience. You’ll begin seeing this change starting May 15, 2016, and rolling out over the coming months.
- New Safety tips in Outlook. Exchange Online Protection (EOP) already protects your organization with industry-leading spam and malware prevention. However, these attacks are so well crafted that they look legitimate. Sometimes putting messages into the Junk Email folder isn’t enough. Over the coming weeks, we’re going to provide additional information when users check their email in Outlook on the web, and in Outlook. Moving forward, as an example, a red Safety Tip in an email will mean that the message received contains something suspicious. We recommend deleting these types of email messages without opening them. We’ll continue to add more features to Safety Tips to ensure users have the best, most protected experience.
If you want any more information on any of these features, how to use them or how they might affect you please contact us
As always Jethro is your web, cloud and technology specialists. I am constantly learning new things and spending time researching, playing and testing new systems and reading about other people in the IT world doing the same thing. If you want to follow along with what I share in various spaces, then connect with me:
- Twitter https://twitter.com/spyjournal technology, cycling, social media, management, business, and web
- Linked In http://www.linkedin.com/in/jethromanagement
- Delicious https://delicious.com/jethrocon saved links
- Blog http://spyjournal.biz all sorts of stuff including personal and family updates
- Spyjournal Facebook https://www.facebook.com/spyjournal.biz tech, cycling, and other stuff
- Subscribe to our daily Newspaper https://paper.li/spyjournal/1345852972
- Subscribe to our weekly Newspaper https://paper.li/spyjournal/1345853288
- Jethro Management Facebook https://www.facebook.com/JethroManagement business, management, web
- Jethro Marketing Facebook https://www.facebook.com/JethroMarketing social media, marketing
- Dreamcoat Photography Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DreamcoatPhotography
- Dreamsport Photography Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DreamSportPhotography
- Red Hot Snapper Facebook https://www.facebook.com/redhotsnapper roller derby