Digital Transformation is one of the biggest (and most misused) business buzzwords right now.
What many people and businesses don’t realise is that it relies heavily on two underlying stages, of digital competence and digital usage before it can happen.
In other words, a business cannot achieve any of the expected gains from Digital Transformation if they haven’t changed their underlying understanding and usage of the digital technologies that are available to them.
Yes – this means CHANGING THE WAY YOU DO BUSINESS. Without changing there is no transformation.
Most likely you are using some digital technologies in your business, Office 365, Email, mobile technologies and so on. But if your business hasn’t changed how it does things then you are missing out on the amazing benefits these technologies can provide when used the way they were designed.
Here is a short checklist: If you answer Yes to any of these then you have not fully understood what business transformations are available to your business.
- Do you send emails with files attached?
- Do you have meetings where people bring pads and paper and take notes?
- Do you cancel / postpone meetings because an important person can’t be there physically?
- Do you still have a computer server on your premises?
- Do you keep your accounting records on a computer in your office? (E.g. MYOB etc.)
Here are some questions that if you answer No to you may be missing out on technology that is readily available, and likely being used by your competitors to gain an edge over you.
Do you have mobile EFTPOS and or mobile Sales Terminals?
- Can you readily access your files on your phone or tablet? E.g. that sales quote you just prepared. (And not because you emailed it to yourself as an attachment )
- Can you employ a new person and have them accessing email and data within an hour of being employed?
- If a machine breaks down in your factory do you get an automatic alert on your phone immediately?
- If negative feedback on social media happens, do you have a staff member who is notified immediately and deals with it to create a positive outcome?
There are many more tests of digital transformation. I suggest if you failed any of these tests above that you contact us for a discussion. Your competitors probably will.
We can also run a personalised workshop for you and your business for a flat rate of $175.
For those in the Moreton Bay Region we warmly invite you to our next Moreton Technology Alliance function. Come along on Thursday night 20th April to have a drink and listen to the two Moreton Bay Digital Community Champions, Kate vanderVoort and James Novak, talk about the current trends in Social Media and 3D printing as they apply to business.
For all the event details and tickets ($15 includes 1 free drink) go to the MTA website
Follow Us On Social Media
As always Jethro is your web, cloud and technology specialists. I am constantly learning new things and spending time researching, playing and testing new systems and reading about other people in the IT world doing the same thing. If you want to follow along with what I share in various spaces, then connect with me:
- Twitter https://twitter.com/spyjournal technology, cycling, social media, management, business, and web
- LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/jethromanagement
- Delicious https://delicious.com/jethrocon saved links
- Blog http://spyjournal.biz all sorts of stuff including personal and family updates
- Spyjournal Facebook https://www.facebook.com/spyjournal.biz tech, cycling, and other stuff
- Subscribe to our daily Newspaper https://paper.li/spyjournal/1345852972
- Subscribe to our weekly Newspaper https://paper.li/spyjournal/1345853288
- Jethro Management Facebook https://www.facebook.com/JethroManagement business, management, web
- Jethro Marketing Facebook https://www.facebook.com/JethroMarketing social media, marketing
- Dreamcoat Photography Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DreamcoatPhotography
- Dreamsport Photography Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DreamSportPhotography
- Red Hot Snapper Facebook https://www.facebook.com/redhotsnapper roller derby
All content © Tim Miller. Feel free to share or send these emails on. If you want to unsubscribe just reply with Unsubscribe in the subject.